Chemistry of Change
In the Chemistry of Change, we will learn all about the change in color, pH, state, and temperature in a fun and exciting way!
- Elephant Toothpaste
- Homemade Lava Lamps
- Forming Colorful Precipitates
- Universal pH Color Change
- Iodine Clock
In the Fire experiments, we will explore how to change the color of fire, how to ignite a powder with a liquid, and what is needed to have fire.
- Using Different Salts to Make Rainbow Fire
- Using an Oxidizer Powder and Glycerol to Make Fire
- Showing How Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Affect Fire
Liquid Nitrogen is an extremely cold liquid, which can change the physical properties of a lot of different materials. In this section we will explore the effects of making things extremely cold.
- Freezing Things that Shouldn't Freeze
- Flowers, Fruit, and Racquetballs
- Show the Expansion of Gas Through Pops and Bangs
- Safely Touch the Liquid Nitrogen
- Freeze Food (Like Cheetos, Grahm Crackers, or Marshmallows) to Blow Water Vapor Like a Dragon